Self-adhesive, brass threshold strip – Euro Floating for joining floors that expand
Choose from four different widths
- The brass threshold strip – Euro Floating floor is a self-adhesive door threshold, which completes a quality flooring installation with style. No screws, so ideal for floors with under-floor heating and easy to fit.
- They are designed to use on hard floorcoverings which have a sealed surface, such as wood, laminate and some vinyls, where one or both of the floors ‘floats’. This means that it is not stuck or nailed down but are instead installed with expansion gaps around the edge to allow them to expand and contract. These expansion gaps are often then hidden behind a skirting board, so if in doubt check with your flooring supplier.
- Both floors to be joined must be level with each other for a flush, secure fit.
- Made in a choice of 10 smart, unlacquered metal finishes, including fashionable antique bronze, satin nickel and firm favourites polished and antique brass.
- Available 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- However, if your flooring is a hard style which does not float, such as porcelain tiles, some engineered woods, rubber etc, then the Premier Euro Non Floating door threshold provides additional adhesion.
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- The, make sure the two surfaces to be joined are clean and dry.
- Simply, peel off the relevant self-adhesive strip(s) and firmly press into place, allowing enough room for the maximum expansion and leaving the other backing in place to act as a cushion. If no expansion is required, then peel off both strips and stick.
- Once attached, do not lift or re-position as this will damage the adhesive quality of the brass threshold strip.
A choice of four widths:
- Total width 20mm
- Total width 30mm
- Total width 40mm
- Total width 50mm
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims to compliment your brass door threshold strip – Euro Floating
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds