Carpet shims – Easyshim create a ramp under your carpet to lift it level with the adjoining floor
A simple and cost effective solution to a common problem
- Carpet shims – Easyshim raise the level of your carpet by up to 25mm in a doorway, creating a smooth join or transition with an adjoining, higher floor.
- These carpet shims measure around 915mm wide (around 36″) with a 200mm long (around 8″) ramp. They are offered in a choice of thicknesses.
- Sold in a pack of 4 x shims, which is sufficient for two doorways. You can also cut side shims from them, if required – see video. Please note this product comes in a box of 4 Easyshims (not the fitter’s bulk pack of 10, as shown in the videos).
- Ideal if your tiled bathroom floor, or similar, is higher than your landing or hall carpet.
- They create a smooth, level surface for easy joining with a standard door threshold or cover plate and are hidden beneath your carpet.
- Firm under foot as it slopes towards the higher, adjoining flooring.
- Nail or stick in place under underlay and carpet.
- These carpet shims – Easyshim come in a choice of 4 thicknesses/heights: 6mm, 9mm, 12mm or 15mm
- To calculate which one you need: deduct the thickness of your carpet plus underlay and gripper strip from the height of your finished hard floor. The bigger the difference, the thicker the Easyshim you will require.
Creating side shims
- Please see the video below.
Joining your flooring when using carpet shims – Easyshim
If the edge of your hard floor is unfinished, you will need a carpet to hard floor carpet threshold to cover up this unsightly edge and grip the carpet under tension. Choose from our selection of quality door thresholds, in a wide choice of metal finishes.