The versatile carpet door plates – Premier Posh for joining all types of floor coverings
Match door thresholds throughout your house with this one-stop solution
- The carpet door plates – Premier Posh are popular because not only are they high quality and smart but they work with most types of floorcoverings. So, whether you are joining carpet to carpet, carpet to a hard floor (such as tiles or wood) or hard to hard floors, y0u can use the Premier Posh.
- The Posh carpet bar sits over the top of the two raw edges and is screwed firmly in place. The supplied Spax screws (approximately 25mm long) are hidden by the plain inlay strip.
- Available in 3 widths and 3 lengths to suit most installations.
- Suitable even when the two floors are not level with each other (see information below).
- If your carpet still needs to be raised up to the adjoining floor, then consider the Easyshims to create an invisible ramp of up to 15mm.
- This floor trim is made of a solid brass bar in a choice of 10 smart, unlacquered, metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm and 2700mm long.
Premier Posh fitting tips
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Screw in, carefully avoiding any underfloor heating.
- Make sure the Posh is screwed down firmly, so as to ensure the screwheads do not interfere with the inlay.
- When joining two hard floors, allow a 12mm gap between the surfaces for the central channel profile on the underside.
- The concealing central inlay is adhesive with a peel off strip and is stuck down over the screw heads. Ensure the channel is clean e.g. no sawdust, to ensure a firm fix.
- If your flooring is thin, stuck-down carpet or vinyl, you can also use the Posh 30.
Carpet door plates – Premier Posh width options
- Available 30mm, 38mm or 55mm wide.
- If fitting with carpet you should use gripper to hold it in place; the Posh 38 and 55 are wide enough to fit over the gripper, any underlay and carpet.
- The Posh 30 is not suitable for fitted carpets, as it is not wide enough to conceal the gripper strip but ideal for vinyl, stick-down carpet tiles etc.
- The 30mm width option caters for up to a 4mm height difference/edge or lip between the two floorcoverings, the 38mm caters for up to 6mm and the 55mm width caters for up to 8mm.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Cleaning Door Thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds