The carpet bar – Premier Cover joins most types of floorcoverings
A contemporary look and versatile – choose from 10 metal finishes
- The carpet bar – Premier Cover, sometimes known as Premier Trim Cover, is a versatile and secure door-plate. It is widely used as it caters for most types of floor coverings, including laminate, wood, LVT, carpet, stone, ceramic tiles and any combination.
- The carpet bar sits over the top of the two raw edges and is screwed in place. There are no fixings underneath.
- The screw holes are pre-drilled 150mm (6”) apart.
- The Premier Cover can be used even when the two floors are not level with each other (see width options).
- If a carpet still needs to be raised up to the adjoining floor, then consider the Easyshims to create an invisible ramp of up to 15mm. Alternatively, take a look at one of the Ramp thresholds.
- Supplied with 25mm long screws, size 8, in a matching finish.
- Made of a solid brass bar in a choice of 10 smart, unlacquered metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1800mm and 2700mm long.
- 38mm or 55mm are suitable for all types of flooring. If fitting carpets, then these cover plates are ideal as they are designed to cover the gripper teeth, which are required to hold carpet in place.
- Also available 30mm wide, which should only be used with vinyl, stick-down carpet and LVT. It is insufficiently wide to cover any gripper teeth holding standard carpet in place across the doorway.
- 30mm option caters for up to a 4mm height difference/edge or lip between the two floors, the 38mm caters for up to 6mm and the 55mm width caters for up to 8mm.
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw to fit your installation.
- Screw in, carefully avoiding any underfloor heating.
- Use gripper if fitting with loose carpets and either 38mm or 55mm options.
- Use the 30mm option for LVT, vinyl and thin stick-down flooring with no gripper.
Co-ordinating door thresholds to complement the carpet bar – Premier Cover
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds