How to join vinyl flooring of different thicknesses
Create a smooth and safe transition
- The Premier Floating Vinyl Edge joins non floating and floating floorcoverings, including timber, laminates, vinyl, LVT, WPC and SPC.
- There is a choice of two options: the 1mm or 2mm, allowing for a slight difference in height between the two floors to be joined. If your height difference is more than 2mm take a look at the 2 Way Ramps and the Ramps.
- The design of the threshold is neat at just 20mm wide with a curved edge on the lower flooring side for safety.
- Only use if the floor you are fixing to is non porous.
- Self-adhesive strip on underside of top section strongly sticks the Premier Floating Vinyl Edge to the higher floor. No screws, therefore ideal where underfloor heating could be an issue.
- Made in a choice of 10 smart, unlacquered metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1800mm and 2700mm long.
Premier Trim Vinyl Edge fitting tips
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Make sure the floorcovering is clean and dry and degreased before sticking down the Vinyl Edge.
- For information about how much your flooring may expand, please refer to the manufacturer of the flooring.
- Peel off the backing strip and stick down to the higher flooring surface, allowing the necessary space for maximum expansion.
- Internal Height : 1mm
- Internal Height: 2mm
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning your Premier Floating Vinyl Edge
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds