How to join vinyl flooring of different thicknesses
Create a smooth and safe transition
- Suitable for using with either stick-down or floating (click method) vinyl and those that may need room to expand.
- Use if you have either a 1mm or 2mm edge or height difference in the vinyls being joined.
- Choice of two options: the 1mm or 2mm, depending on the thickness of the vinyl to be joined.
- Only use if the floor you are fixing to is non porous.
- Self-adhesive strip on underside of top section strongly sticks the Vinyl Edge to the higher floor. No screws, therefore ideal where underfloor heating could be an issue.
- Made in a choice of 10 smart metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1800mm and 2700mm long.
Premier Vinyl Edge fitting tips
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Make sure the floorcovering is clean and dry before sticking down the Vinyl Edge.
- For information about how much your vinyl may expand, please refer to the manufacturer of the flooring. Then peel off the backing strip and stick down to the higher vinyl surface, allowing the necessary space for maximum expansion.
- Internal Height : 1mm
- Internal Height: 2mm
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 3 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Cleaning door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds