- This is a stair nosing designed for steps fitted with luxury vinyl (LVT) which are flat or flush (i.e. no overhang) and are straight (not curved). If your steps have an overhang, please view the Premier LVT Nosing with Full Bull. If your steps are curved, please see the Premier Bendybull.
- Suitable for a staircase fitted with luxury vinyl, such as those produced by Karndean and Amtico, on both the treads and risers. They are offered in 4 different options to suit 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm or 5mm thickness of LVT (refer to the manufacturer’s product information to determine the thickness of your vinyl). The vinyl flooring fits under the lip of the metal nosing.
- They are designed to cater for both dryback and floating (click) types of LVT with an expansion allowance of 0-5mm.
- These stair nosings cover joins in the vinyl found on the front edge and therefore protect the front of the step from excess wear and tear. They also provide a striking decorative feature up your flight of stairs.
- Quality-made in solid brass and offered in a choice of 10 smart, unlacquered metal finishes.
- Available in 4 standard lengths which can be cut to size: 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm, 2700mm.
- Also designed to cater for top steps joining to landings fitted with floating LVT, allowing for expansion of 0-5mm.
The internal height relates to the thickness of your vinyl flooring:
- 2.5mm Internal Height
- 3mm Internal Height
- 4mm Internal Height
- 5mm Internal Height
Fitting tips for the Premier LVT stair nosing
- To ensure a safe and smart installation, we recommend that you request a proficient carpet fitter to fit all stair nosings. The NICF (National Institute of Carpet and Floorlayers) can advise on professional fitters in your area.
- Each LVT Nosing No Bull is pre-drilled along the middle and back edge. Attach with screws (not supplied) and apply adhesive for additional security.
- The exact method of fitting will depend on your fitter. Dryback and stick down LVT is typically fitted to 4mm plywood and the design of this nosing accommodates this.
- A 2mm spacer is supplied should a 5.5mm or 6mm ply be used as tread preparation.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range to complement your stair nosing
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We, therefore, recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning stair nosing and door thresholds
This product is made of solid brass and hand-finished and therefore the finish may vary slightly from batch to batch. To achieve an authentic look and withstand daily use, they are unlacquered and therefore may age naturally over time, depending on their environment. Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds