A smart stair nosing profile for straight or curved luxury vinyl covered stairs
An innovative curved stair nosing UK design for the home
- The Bendybull stair nosing profile is designed for both curved and straight step edges covered with LVT vinyl floorcovering, such as Karndean, Amtico and the like or a thin carpet tile (up to 5mm thick). The innovative design means that it can be fitted to curved steps such as curtail steps, which are sometimes found as a feature at the base of a flight of stairs.
- The bending of the Premier Bendybull happens on site, as it is being fitted to the stairs, and no prior work is required.
- These nosings are designed for both steps which are flat and flush face (no bull) and those with a rounded overhang (bullnose/full bull). In the case of the full bull stairs, the Premier Bendybull creates a flat face to the overhang element of the steps.
- This is a high quality stair nosing manufactured from solid brass and available in a choice of 10 metal finishes. It provides a professional finish to LVT fitted stairs.
- Each length is pre-drilled for countersunk screws (supplied) and likewise supplied with high grab, anti plasticiser contact tape which secures the inlay in place into the recessed channel.
- Choose from four channel recess dimension options, which refer to the thickness of the LVT flooring: 2.6mm, 3.1mm, 4.1mm and 5.1mm (see dimensions below).
- Available in in four standard lengths, which can be cut to measure: 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- You can find other styles of stair nosing here for all types of floorcovering.
- Still not sure this is the right stair nosing for you? For further advice see our comprehensive table of stair nosings to work out which design is right for you.
Refer to the diagrams for these dimensions:
- Bendybull 2.6mm: (A) 35mm (B) 2.6mm (C) 3.95mm (D) 27mm.
- Bendybull 3.1mm: (A) 35.5mm (B) 3.1mm (C) 4.45mm (D) 35.5mm.
- Bendybull 4.1mm: (A) 36.5mm (B) 4.1mm (C) 5.45mm (D) 28.5mm.
- Bendybull 5.1mm: (A) 37.5mm (B) 5.1mm (C) 6.45mm (D) 29.5mm.
- Fitting this stair nosing profile requires technical skill and experience. It is therefore recommended that a suitably trained professional installs this product.
- Use screws (provided) to attach to the step and the inlay strip of flooring is held in place with high grab, anti plasticiser contact tape (supplied). For a secondary fix, use a suitable adhesive (not supplied).
- An expert’s step-by-step video provided by the manufacturer is available to watch – please scroll down and select the video tab. A further demo can be seen here.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning stair profile nosings and door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds