Stair nosings for laminate that are both practical and add style
Make a neat transition from your top step
- The Ali Top Nose is designed as a stair nosing for a rounded top step with overhang (only) when the stairs are carpeted and the carpet joins up to either floating laminate or luxury vinyl (LVT) on the landing/hall. This means the laminate and vinyl flooring expands and contracts a small amount and is typical of flooring which is fixed using the “click” method. (Refer to the manufacturer of the flooring for full details).
- This design of stair nosing allows the (landing or hall) flooring to expand and contract without a gap appearing where the flooring joins the riser of the top step.
- Ali Top Nose are manufactured in heavy-duty aluminium and suitable for joining a stair carpet to a 7-8mm thick laminate or vinyl, floating floorcovering. It lips over the top step, securely covering the edge of a stair carpet and the edge of the landing flooring.
- Available in a choice of four finishes to complement both floorcoverings : chrome (polished), polished brass, antique brass, black.
- Likewise, it is offered in a choice of lengths: 900mm, 1800mm, 2700mm, which can all be cut to size at the time of fitting.
- Robustly manufactured with an excellent, high quality finish that withstands frequent foot traffic.
- For further types of stair nosings, please see here.
Fitting tips for the Ali Top Nose
- These stair nosings are suitable for flooring fitted with 2mm underlay. Alternatively, if the underlay is 4mm thick, use the supplied mdf spacers to raise the Ali stair nosing a further 2mm.
- Install a section of Easyshim to the vertical riser of the top step, if you wish to stick the carpet for an additional firm fix.
- The Ali Top Nose is pre-drilled and countersunk at 150mm intervals and is supplied with Spax-M self-drilling screws. Apply adhesive too for an extra-strong fix.
- For that extra style detail stair rods make an attractive decorative accessory to a carpeted staircase.
- To ensure a safe and smart installation, we recommend a proficient carpet fitter to fit all stair nosings. The NICF (National Institute of Carpet and Floorlayers) can advise on professional fitters in your area.
Coordinating door bars and flooring trims to complement the Ali Top Nose laminate stair nosing
We sell a choice of brands of door thresholds and trims. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to match in finish to each other. You can do a search by selecting RANGE in the filters.