Self-adhesive, brass threshold strip – Euro Floating for joining tiles, wood floors & the like
Take the sleek and stylish option
- The brass threshold strip – Euro Floating is a flat, self-adhesive door threshold or transition strip. There are no screws, simply two strips of propriety adhesive on the underside which hold the Floating Cover securely in place. This makes them simple to fit, even with floors that have underfloor heating. This profile is sleek in appearance and manufactured in solid brass for excellent performance and longevity.
- They are designed to join two hard floorcoverings together such as wood, laminate, ceramic tiles, sealed stone and vinyl, including those floor surfaces which “float” i.e. expand and contract and require expansion gaps at installation. the flooring surfaces should be non-porous.
- Both floors to be joined must be level i.e. flat with each other as this ensures a flush and secure fit. If they are not level and instead have a height difference, please consider the Premier 2 Way Ramp or the Premier Ramp.
- The Euro-Floating door bars are manufactured in a 1.4mm thick solid brass, which is robust and withstands daily use. Choose from 10 smart, unlacquered metal finishes, including fashionable antique bronze, satin nickel and firm favourites polished and antique brass.
- Available 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Then make sure the two surfaces to be joined are clean and dry.
- Simply, peel off the relevant self-adhesive strip(s) and firmly press into place. If no allowance for expansion is required, then peel off both strips and stick. If either floorcovering is floating, stick one side only, allowing enough room for the maximum expansion and leaving the other backing in place to act as a cushion.
- Once attached, do not lift or re-position as this will damage the adhesive quality of the brass threshold strip.
A choice of four widths:
- Total width 20mm
- Total width 30mm
- Total width 40mm
- Total width 50mm
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims to compliment your brass door threshold strip – Euro Floating
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning door thresholds
This product is made of solid brass and hand-finished and therefore the finish may vary slightly from batch to batch. To achieve an authentic look and withstand daily use, they are unlacquered and therefore may age naturally over time, depending on their environment. Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds