The door threshold bars – Premier Single 9 with a rounded profile
Choose from ten attractive metal finishes
- The door threshold bars – Premier Single 9 are an elegant and secure way to join a carpet to a thinner floorcovering, such as vinyl, LVT, Amtico or bare floorboards.
- This design of door bar features a smooth, curved edge which slopes down from the carpet pile to the vinyl or floor boards.
- The two base floors should be level with each other as the Single 9 needs to lie flat (see diagram). However, if yours are slightly different, stack the MDF strips (included free of charge) underneath the Single 9 and raise the base.
- The carpet is gripped under tension by the teeth, whilst on the other side the floorcovering lies under the curved edge. This means no raw edges or rucked up carpet.
- The Single 9 is suitable for most qualities of carpet around 9-12 mm thick. The underlay is cut short of the door bar. If your carpet is thicker, try the Premier Single 13.
- Made with a solid brass bar, with rounded edges, in a choice of 10 smart, natural metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- Also known as Premier Trim Single or a Single Naplock.
Fitting tips for door threshold bars – Premier Single 9
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Stick, using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
- The underlay stops short of the door threshold.
- Thick carpets can be compressed onto the pins before napping down (see above).
- Once fitted, Premier Door Bars Single 9 can be ‘napped down’ with a carpeted wood block, which will give the carpet an extra firm grip on the pins and can reduce the height by 3mm.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds