The curved edge Premier Single 13 for extra thick carpets
Choose from ten attractive metal finishes
- The Premier Single 13 door thresholds are an elegant and secure way to join extra thick carpet (13mm +) to a thinner floorcovering such as vinyl, LVT, Amtico or bare floorboards.
- Features a smooth, curved edge to slope down to the vinyl or floor boards.
- The two floors should be level with each other as the Single 13 needs to lie flat. However, if your underlays are different thicknesses, stack the Easywedges (included free of charge) underneath the Single 13 at the fixing points and raise the base.
- The carpet is gripped under tension by the teeth, whilst on the other side the floorcovering edge lies under the Single 13. This means no raw edges or rucked-up carpet.
- The Single 13 is suitable for most qualities of thick or dense carpet at least 13mm thick. The underlay is cut short of the door bar.
- Made with a solid brass bar, with rounded edges, in a choice of 10 smart, metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- Also known as Premier Trim Single or a Single Naplock.
Fitting of the Premier Single 13 door thresholds
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Stick, using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
- The underlay stops short of the door threshold.
- Use supplied Easywedges, if required, by slipping under fixing points.
- Once fitted, Premier Door Bars Single 13 can be ‘napped down’ with a carpeted wood block, which will give the carpet an extra firm grip on the pins and can reduce the height by 2-4mm.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 3 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Cleaning Door Thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds