The carpet threshold Double Z9 delivers quality and style
Choose from 10 finishes to complement your carpet
- The carpet to carpet threshold Double Z9 is an elegant and secure way to join a carpet to another carpet in a doorway. Unlike carpet door bars you can buy at the DIY shops, these are made to last, will not easily scuff or dent and will look the part for years to come.
- Likewise suited to joining a carpet to a hard floorcovering by removing one base section – see the Premier Z9 for more information..
- The Double Z9 are designed to take a quality carpet up to around 12mm thick or pile height (excluding the underlay).
- The two floors should be level with each other for the Double Z9 (otherwise known as ZZ9 or double naplocks) to lie flat. However, if yours are slightly different, stack the 3mm thick MDF strips, supplied free of charge with each Double Z9, underneath.
- If one of your carpets needs to be raised up to the level of the pins, buy the Easyshims to create a ramp.
- Manufactured with a solid brass bar and rounded edges, in a choice of 10 pristine, metal finishes.
- Available in 4 alternative lengths which are suitable for cutting to length: 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- The visible bar or top of these Double Naplocks is 30mm (just over 1″) wide and approximately 4mm thick.
Fitting tips for the carpet to carpet threshold Double Z9
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Stick, using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
- For images and information on how to convert the Double Z9 so as to be able to join a hard floor, such as ceramic tiles or wood, to a carpet, please see the Premier Z.
- Note: any underlay stops short of the door threshold.
- Once fitted, the Double Z9 can be ‘napped down’ with a carpeted wood block, which will give the carpet an extra firm grip on the pins and can reduce the height by 3mm.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning door thresholds
This product is made of solid brass and hand-finished and therefore the finish may vary slightly from batch to batch. To achieve an authentic look and withstand daily use, they are unlacquered and therefore may age naturally over time, depending on their environment. Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds