Easy shims create a ramp under your carpet to lift it level with the adjoining floor
Enough for 2 doorways
- Easy shims raise the level of your carpet by up to 15mm (1.5cm) in a doorway, in order to make a smooth join or transition with an adjoining, higher floor.
- Ideal if your tiled bathroom floor, or similar, is higher than your landing carpet.
- A flush finish for easy access.
- For use with carpet and in conjunction with door bars.
- Sold in a pack of 2 x Easyshims with 4 x Side Easyshims, sufficient for two doorways.
- Easyshims are 915mm (around 36″) wide with a 200mm (around 8″) deep ramp.
- Nail or stick Easyshims in place.
- Easyshims come in a choice of 4 thicknesses/heights: 6mm, 9mm, 12mm or 15mm
- To calculate which one you need: deduct the thickness of your carpet plus underlay and gripper strip from the height of your finished hard floor. The bigger the difference, the thicker the Easyshim you will require.
Joining your flooring
If the edge of your hard floor is unfinished, you will need a carpet to hard floor Carpet Threshold to cover up this unsightly edge and grip the carpet under tension. Choose from our selection of quality door thresholds, in a wide choice of metal finishes.