Z bar carpet – Premier Z9 joins carpet to hard flooring and looks the part for years to come
Give your flooring the professional touch
- The Z bar carpet – Premier Z9 door threshold is an elegant and secure way to join a carpet to a hard floor in a doorway or across a room. Ideal for joining carpets to hard flooring such as ceramic tiles, wood, laminate, stone and rubber.
- Suitable for carpet around 9-12 mm thick – the thicker the carpet, the more it will need to be compressed onto the pins.
- They are commonly known by fitters as a ‘Z bar’, reflecting the profile shape of them.
- The two floors to be joined should be level with each other, so that the Premier Z9 lies flat. Should the hard floorcovering be slightly higher than the carpet by just a few millimeters, then stack the 3mm thick MDF strips we’ve included free of charge under the Premier Z9. This will therefore raise the base of the Premier Z9 so that the visible bar neatly sits over the top of the tile edge whilst the gripper pins on the carpet side lie level with the underlay and can hold the carpet under tension.
- Once fitted, the Premier Door Bar Z9 can be ‘napped down’ with a carpeted wood block, which will give the carpet an extra firm grip on the pins and can reduce the height by 3mm.
- Made with a solid brass bar, with rounded edges, in a choice of 10 smart, unlacquered metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- The visible bar or top is 30mm (just over 1″) wide and approximately 4mm thick.
Fitting tips for the Z bar carpet – Premier Z9
- This Premier Z9 Bar is the same product as the Premier Double Z9 profile, which joins carpets to carpets. When converting to the carpet to hard floor (Premier Z option), simply peel off one side of the metal hook base along the scored groove, using a pair of pliers and turning anti clockwise. This is easily done and takes a couple of minutes.
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Stick, using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
- Should the carpet lie lower than the hard flooring it is being joined to, the Easyshims are a simple way to create a gentle ramp under the carpet, to raise it up to a suitable level for the Z bar to lie flat. Please click the VIDEO tab to see how this works.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds