The perfect solution to finishing a right-angled edge or step
A popular 25mm wide option
- This angle edge Premier Big Lip is a versatile metal trim, with an L shape profile that is versatile and handy for many applications. Perfect for covering up unsightly joins, for capping the edge of a floor along French or sliding doors or edging small steps. Whilst not a regular stair nosing, it can be used to trim the edge of a step where foot traffic is light, in which case add an extra strip of glue for additional fix strength.
- Likewise this angle edge metal trim can be used on non porous surfaces elsewhere in the home, such as concealing a damaged edge to furniture.
- Ideal for ceramic tiles, wood and laminate, smooth stone, LVT and other non porous hard flooring.
- Made of hard-wearing 1.35mm solid brass in a choice of 10 smart, natural metal finishes, including fashionable brushed chrome and popular antique brass and polished brass.
- You can use the Big Lip vertically or horizontally.
- Simply stick down, no screws involved. The water and heat resistant adhesive is attached to the underside top with peel-off strip.
- There is a choice of 6 different profiles in this range: Premier Big Lip (shown on this page) Lip, Little Lip, Wide Lip, Square Lip, Rake Back Lip.
- Available in four different lengths: 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm and 2700mm, which you can cut to the required length with a sharp hack-saw.
Fitting tips for the angle edge Premier Big Lip
- Cut to length the metal floor edging with a sharp hack-saw.
- Ensure both surfaces are clean and dry before sticking down.
- Ensure the top floor surface is sufficiently smooth so that the adhesive is in contact and sticks.
- Peel back protective tape and stick immediately.
- If using on a step (suitable for light traffic only) then apply extra glue for a secure fix.
- The angle edge Premier Big Lip measures 25mm across and 12.5mm down.
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning flooring trims
This product is made of solid brass and hand-finished and therefore the finish may vary slightly from batch to batch. To achieve an authentic look and withstand daily use, they are unlacquered and therefore may age naturally over time, depending on their environment. Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds.