A smart stair nosing profile with inset strip to match your LVT steps
The experts’ edging trim for curved and straight steps
- Fitting the Premier Bendybull is a technical job which should be done at the time the flooring is fitted, ideally by a skilled flooring fitter.
- The Bendybull stair nosing profile is designed for both curved and straight step edges, fitted with LVT vinyl floorcovering, such as Karndean, Amtico and the like or a thin carpet tile (up to 5mm). The innovative design means that it can be fitted to curved steps such as curtail steps, which are sometimes found as a feature at the base of a flight of stairs. The bending of the Premier Bendybull, to reflect the curve of a step, is achieved on site, not prior to fitting.
- These nosings are designed for both steps with a flat, flush face (no bull) and those with a rounded overhang (full bull). In the case of the full bull stairs, the Premier Bendybull creates a flat face to the overhang steps.
- This is a high quality stair nosing manufactured from solid brass and available in a choice of 10 metal finishes. It provides a professional finish to LVT fitted stairs.
- It is pre-drilled for countersunk screws (supplied) and likewise supplied with high grab, anti plasticiser contact tape which secures the inlay in place into the recessed channel.
- Choose from four channel recess dimension options, which refer to the thickness of the LVT flooring: 2.6mm, 3.1mm, 4.1mm and 5.1mm (see dimensions below).
- Available in in four standard lengths, which can be cut to measure: 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- You can find other styles of stair nosing here.
Refer to the diagrams for these dimesnions:
- Bendybull 2.6mm: (A) 35mm (B) 2.6mm (C) 3.95mm (D) 27mm
- Bendybull 3.1mm: (A) 35.5mm (B) 3.1mm (C) 4.45mm (D) 35.5mm
- Bendybull 4.1mm: (A) 36.5mm (B) 4.1mm (C) 5.45mm (D) 28.5mm
- Bendybull 5.1mm: (A) 37.5mm (B) 5.1mm (C) 6.45mm (D) 29.5mm
- Fitting this stair nosing profile requires technical skill and experience. It is therefore recommended that a suitably trained professional installs this product.
- They are fitted securely with screws (provided) and the inlay strip of flooring is held in place with high grab, anti plasticiser contact tape (supplied). For a secondary fix, use a suitable adhesive (not supplied).
- An expert’s step-by-step video provided by the manufacturer is available to watch – please scroll down and select the video tab. A further demo can be seen here.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning stair profile nosings and door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds