- This stair nosing strip has a rounded profile and fits along the front edge of steps which have an existing overhang. If your steps are flush and therefore do not have an overhang, the No Bull option is an alternative style of nosing.
- This Full Bull nosing is designed to use with LVT (luxury vinyl) and it caters for both dryback and floating (expanding Click-style) vinyl installations with 0- 5mm expansion (see flooring manufacturer’s product information).
- Choose the appropriate option, depending on the thickness of your vinyl: 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm or 5mm thick.
- The nosing strip securely covers the front edge of the step, covering up any floorcovering joins, protecting the front of the step from excess wear and tear and creating an elegant feature to your staircase.
- This is a high quality stair nosing strip manufactured in solid brass, offered in a choice of 10 smart, unlacquered metal finishes.
- Available in a choice of standard lengths: 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm, 2700mm.
The internal height relates to the thickness of your LVT vinyl flooring:
- 2.5mm Internal Height
- 3mm Internal Height
- 4mm Internal Height
- 5mm Internal Height
- All sizes available in 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm & 2700mm lengths
Fitting tips for the LVT Full Bull stair nosing strip
- To ensure a safe and smart installation, we recommend a proficient carpet fitter to fit all stair nosings. The NICF (National Institute of Carpet and Floorlayers) can advise on professional fitters in your area.
- The LVT vinyl flooring slides into the nosing channel (see diagram).
- The 5mm option (only) can also be used with carpet tiles, subject to your carpet fitter’s advice.
- Each LVT Nosing Full Bull is pre-drilled along the middle and back edge. Screw into the step (screws not supplied) and use adhesive for an extra-strong or secondary fix.
- The exact method of fitting will depend on your fitter. Dryback and stick down LVT is typically fitted to 4mm plywood and the design of this nosing accommodates this. However, a full length 2mm spacer is supplied, should a 5.5mm or 6mm ply be used as tread preparation.
- If installing on a top step joining to a landing likewise fitted with LVT (maximum expansion gap allowance of 5mm), avoid 9mm plywood on landings as this may expose the nose.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims for your stair nosing strip
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, AL, and Ali. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after and cleaning door thresholds
This product is made of solid brass and hand-finished and therefore the finish may vary slightly from batch to batch. To achieve an authentic look and withstand daily use, they are unlacquered and therefore may age naturally over time, depending on their environment. Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds