Fashionable steel-look AL/Cap It door thresholds that join carpet to hard floorcoverings
Not available on the high street – shop here for home delivery
- A professional and secure way to join a carpet to a hard floor, such as tiles or wood in a doorway or across a room.
- These door threshold strips are made from anodised aluminium and have no visible screws.
- They come in three contemporary finishes: brushed stainless (a brushed effect with a slight golden hue to the aluminium), bright (mirror-finish aluminium effect) and satin (brushed aluminium effect). Please note, there may be a slight shade difference from batch to batch.
- The AL/Cap It door threshold butts up against the hard floor and therefore the floor edge is visible. the alternative door threshold strip in this range which joins carpet to hard floorcoverings is the AL10.
- The visible door threshold is just 12mm wide to achieve a minimalist, discreet look.
- The two floors should be level with each other for the AL/Cap It door threshold to lie flat. However, if yours are slightly different, chock up with a slender piece of wood to raise the base.
- The carpet is held in place by the teeth on the base section of the door bar, which fits underneath the carpet.
- Suitable for carpets up to around 11mm thick.
- Available in 900mm (around 35″) or 2715mm (around 107″) lengths.
Fitting tips for the AL/Cap It door thresholds
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Stick to the floor using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
- The carpet is slightly compressed to fit under the visible bar.
- Any underlay stops short of the base section.
- If your carpet needs to be raised up to the level of the pins, buy the Easyshims to create a ramp.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 3 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Cleaning door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds