Join carpet to hard floorcoverings with the fashionable ‘steel’ AL/10 door threshold
Not available on the high street – shop here for home delivery
- The AL/10 door thresholds are an elegant and secure way to join a carpet to a hard floor up to 10mm thick, such as tiles or wood, in a doorway.
- Robust, high quality, long-lasting.
- Available in three finishes: brushed stainless, polished aluminium and satin aluminium.
- The two floors should be level with each other for the AL10 to lie flat. However, if yours are slightly different, chock up with a slender piece of wood to raise the base.
- No visible screws.
- Suitable for carpets up to around 11mm thick plus underlay. The carpet is slightly compressed under the threshold bar. The underlay is cut short of the base gripper section.
- Available lengths: 900mm (around 35″) or 2715mm (around 106″).
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Suitable for carpets up to around 11mm thick plus underlay. The carpet is slightly compressed under the threshold bar.
- The underlay is cut short of the base gripper section.
- The carpet is held in place by the gripper section of the door bar, underneath.
- Stick to floor using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 3 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Cleaning door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds