Premier Stair Rods
[click to view]
Premier Stair Rods Product Information
To order or to see the different designs and finishes available in this range: select ADD TO BASKET, shown above, then make your choice and proceed to the next page. Having made your choices, select CHECK PRICE to find the price.
- Solid brass, 12mm (½") quality rods, available in a choice of ten metal finishes.
- Choose from hinged brackets suitable for a stair runner (a runner carpet with the stair tread and riser showing on either side of the carpet) or front fix brackets suitable for a fitted stair carpet.
- Premier stair rods are available in a choice of ten metal finishes: polished brass, antique brass, satin brass, satin nickel, polished nickel, chrome, pewter, antique bronze, black, brushed chrome.
- Made-to-measure to fit your stairs. See below for instructions on how to measure up.
- Supplied with matching brackets and screws suitable for carpets and carpets with underlay. The runner bracket has a clearance of 14mm.
What length to order?
- For runner stair carpets: Simply add around 10 cm (4 inches)to the width of your runner to give you the tip-to-tip measurement to order. For example: If your runner is 69cm (27 inches) wide then you would order 79cm (31 inch) rods. Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials.
- For fitted stair carpets: It is advisable to leave a 5cm (2 inch) gap between the end of the finial and the edge of your staircase (stringboard) on either side. For example: If your staircase measures 89cm (35 inches) across, then a 79cm (31 inch) stair rod should look smart. Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials.
It is important to note that, like most stair rods, the Premier stair rods are purely decorative and do not fix the carpet to the stairs; your carpet must be secured by another means of installation such as gripper.
For further information visit Measuring & Fitting Rods.
Fitting your Premier stair rods
The brackets are supplied with No. 6 screws: drill a pilot hole before fixing the brackets to the staircase, then drill a clearance hole of 4mm for the screw shank. To avoid damaging the screws, use a low drill speed.
- Runner rods brackets: Separate, by sliding the top from the bottom of the bracket to reveal the screw holes. Fit the bottom section first, then place the rod in before sliding the top bracket section into place and securing with the supplied domed-head screw.
- Fitted carpet brackets: Place the rod in place and screw the brackets over the top, through the carpet.
CleaningThe Premier stair rods have an invisible lacquer to protect them and keep them looking pristine. Simply wipe clean occasionally with a damp cloth and do not polish. If you use any household cleaners to clean surrounding wood and paintwork, this should be applied to the cloth and not directly sprayed on the surface of the staircase, as the cleaner can react with the rods. If any liquids are spilt on the stair rods they should be immediately wiped with a damp cloth and the dried with a clean, dry cloth.
Delivery:We aim to deliver the brass finishes, antique bronze and satin nickel within 6-7 working days in the UK. However the Hanover in satin nickel takes up to 3 weeks. The black, chrome, polished nickel, brushed chrome and pewter finishes take up to 3 weeks in all the Premier designs. Delivery is free of charge for most orders over £75.00.
Style TipFitting a stairrod to the bottom step (hall or landing level) is a popular option, as it helps to create a visually balanced look. We can supply curved options for bottom step(s), as special orders - please ask for further details.
Co-ordinating accessories for Premier stair rodsWe supply a wide range of door thresholds, including brass door threshold bars, specifically designed to join carpet to carpets, carpet to tiles, wood and vinyl. In addition, we offer the Posh door thresholds and Joints door thresholds which are designed to work with all floor types.