Stair runner rods – Homepride enhance your staircase
Transform your staircase with these 12mm stair rods
- These stair runner rods – Homepride are not only a substantial 12mm in diameter (rather than 9mm) but come at an attractive price too.
- Manufactured in robust aluminium, featuring a hollow rods with coated finials.
- These carpet rods are available in a choice of 7 metal finishes: brass, antique, satin nickel, bronze, chrome, pewter, black.
- Choose the relevant style of bracket at the time of ordering the Homepride: for a runner (carpet is indented either side & only covers the central part of the stairs) choose the RUNNER options. Whilst for a fitted carpet (full width of staircase) contact us via email for FRONT FIX or SIDE FIX options. Side Fix has no finials (decorative ends) and the brackets attach to the stringboard, whereas the Front Fix brackets attach through the carpet – see here for more information about fittings.
- The brackets come pre-attached to the stylised acorn finials (decorative ends). Simply cut the rods to fit your staircase, at the time of fitting and then slot into the supplied, matching brackets.
- A pair of matching brackets is supplied with each rod which come with matching screws. Pairs of brackets are also available separately should you lose any.
- It is important to note that these rods are purely decorative and do not fix the carpet to the stairs; your carpet must be secured by another means of installation, such as gripper.
What length to order
- The Homepride stairrods are available in four standard lengths for stair runners, which can easily be cut to size with a sharp hack-saw, at the time of fitting.
- Option 1 fits a runner up to 700mm (27.5”) in width.
- Option 2 fits a runner up to 890mm (35”) in width. Alternatively, with the side fix fittings Option 2 fits a fully fitted staircase carpet up to 890mm (35″) wide.
- Option 3 fits a runner up to 1200mm (47.25”) in width. Alternatively, with the side fix fittings Option 3 fits a fully fitted staircase carpet up to 1200mm (47.25″) wide.
- Option 4 fits a runner up to 1500mm (59”) in width.
Fitting your Homepride stair rod bars
- Drill a pilot hole before fixing the brackets to the staircase. To avoid damaging the screws, use a low drill speed.
- Fit the first bracket before cutting the rod to size and then fit the second bracket.
- The Runner brackets have a clearance of 14mm.
- The Homepride stair rods have an invisible lacquer to protect them and keep them looking pristine.
- Simply wipe clean occasionally with a damp cloth and do not polish.
- If you use any household cleaners to clean surrounding wood and paintwork, this should be applied to the cloth and not directly sprayed on the surface of the staircase, as the cleaner can react with the rods. If any liquids are spilt on the stair rods they should be immediately wiped with a damp cloth and the dried with a clean, dry cloth.
- Fitting Homepride stair rods to your bottom step (hall or landing level) is a popular option.