Fit stair nosings for laminate flooring
Make a neat transition from your landing or complete staircase
- The Ali Top Nose is designed as a stair nosing for a rounded step with an overhang (only) fitted with 8mm thick floating flooring on the tread. Flooring which floats includes many laminates and vinyls and will expand and contract rather than be glued to the sub floor. A typical example would be when a laminate-covered landing meets a stair carpet on the top step.
- Should your entire staircase be fitted with 8mm thick laminate (not just the top step) or vinyl, then the Ali Top Nose provides a striking step edge to each and every step, if desired.
- This design of stair nosing allows the flooring to expand and contract without a gap appearing where the flooring joins the riser of the (top)step.
- These stair nosings for laminate are manufactured in heavy-duty aluminium and suitable for 7-8mm thick laminate or vinyl. The stair nosing lips over the front of the step, securely covering the edge of the flooring on the riser (such as carpet) and the edge of the step above.
- Available in a choice of four finishes to complement both floorcoverings : chrome (polished), polished brass, antique brass, black.
- Purchase in a choice of four lengths: 900mm, 1800mm, 2700mm, which can all be cut to size at the time of fitting.
- Robustly manufactured with an excellent, high quality finish that withstands frequent foot traffic.
- For further types of stair nosings, please see here.
Fitting tips for the Ali Top Nose
- These stair nosings are suitable for flooring fitted with 2mm underlay. Alternatively, if the underlay is 4mm thick, use the supplied mdf spacers to raise the Ali stair nosing a further 2mm.
- Install a section of Easyshim to the vertical riser of the top step, if you wish to stick the carpet for an additional firm fix.
- The Ali Top Nose is pre-drilled and countersunk at 150mm intervals and is supplied with Spax-M self-drilling screws. Apply adhesive too for an extra-strong fix.
- For that extra style detail stair rods make an attractive decorative accessory to a carpeted staircase.
- To ensure a safe and smart installation, we recommend a proficient carpet fitter to fit all stair nosings. The NICF (National Institute of Carpet and Floorlayers) can advise on professional fitters in your area.
Coordinating door bars and flooring trims to complement the Ali Top Nose laminate stair nosing
We sell a choice of brands of door thresholds and trims. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to match in finish to each other. You can do a search by selecting RANGE in the filters.