The invisible Ali Zee carpet edging 1800mm long
Neatly and securely turn under the edge of your carpet
- Use the Ali Zee Bar to turn under and securely tack down the cut edge of a carpet but only where there is no foot traffic. For example around stair spindles on a landing or hallway, to turn under a carpet around an inset hearth or if a skirting board features in-built beading. This profile is not suitable to fit where people walk (see the fitting tips below).
- Made in aluminium and designed to be suitable for where a carpet needs to have a straight or a curved , turned-under edge.
- Supplied in 1800mm length strips only. Cut and join, where necessary.
- This carpet edging profile is invisible as it fits under the carpet. It features a chamfered edge, 23mm wide fixing plate and requires fixing with standard gripper. Watch the manufacturer’s video for comprehensive instructions – click tab below.
- This product is suitable for carpet up to 15mm in thickness, providing it compresses easily.
- We suggest you will require a skilled carpet fitter with the necessary specialist tools to install this product successfully and advise you if it is suitable for your requirements.
- Please note the Ali Zee Bar is not a door threshold and does not join a carpet to any other floorcovering as it would leave the turned-under carpet edge vulnerable, which would wear prematurely. This is why it is recommended for no foot traffic areas only. Please see our wide choice of door thresholds and trims for suitable floor transition profiles.
- The Ali Zee carpet edging is manufactured and supplied in one length only: 1800mm (approximately 71 inches). This should be cut to the required lengths. Please watch the manufacturer’s installation video for fitting advice by clicking on the Fitting Video tab on this page.
Fitting tips for the Ali Zee carpet trim
- This flooring profile requires specialist carpet skills when fitting. We suggest you contact the National Institute of Carpet & Floorlayers to find one in your area.
- Fix either in a straight line or as a curved edge.
- Only fit where people’s feet do not tread as the gripper will otherwise potentially protrude through the carpet.
- The Ali Zee Bar works in tandem with carpet gripper (not supplied). Please refer to the manufacturer’s fitting video by clicking the link on this page to find out how.
- Suitable for sticking to either a wood or solid substrate floor using mechanical fixings and adhesive. Always remember to prepare the substrate correctly before trying to fix.
- This product is very secure and robust when installed correctly – the turned carpet bulking up under the product provides some of its strength. However, prior to fitting the product can be readily damaged, therefore do not bend, flex or twist before installation.
Additional door thresholds and trims
We sell a choice of brands offering a wide selection of quality internal thresholds and trims, plus stair nosings, stair rods and flooring accessories. The Ali Zee Bar is an invisible carpet accessory which suits carpet only.