The AL/ANF high quality aluminium door thresholds are curved edge to join carpets to vinyl or floorboards
Not available on the high street, so shop here for home delivery
- The AL/ANF door thresholds are a stylish and secure way to join a carpet with a thinner floorcovering such as vinyl or where there are bare floorboards.
- A smooth, curved edge to slope down to the vinyl or floorboards.
- The two floors to be joined should be level with each other for the ANF to lie flat. However, if yours are slightly different, chock a slim piece of wood underneath and raise the base.
- The carpet is gripped under tension by the teeth, whilst on the other side the floorcovering lies under the curved edge. No raw edges or rucked up carpet.
- The AL/ANF carpet trim is suitable for carpet up to around 8.5mm thick when compressed, plus underlay.
- Made from a high grade aluminium, with rounded edges and available in a choice of brushed stainless, polished or satin aluminium finishes.
- The visible door strip is around 19mm wide and is available in 900mm (90 cm) or 2.71m (2.715m) lengths.
- Otherwise known as single naplock.
Fitting tips for the AL/ANF door thresholds
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Stick to the floor using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
- The underlay is cut short of the door bar.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 3 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Cleaning door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds