The Premier Single 4 curves down to join thin stick-down carpet to vinyl or floorboards
Choose from ten stunning finishes
- The Premier Single 4 door thresholds are a smart way to join a stick-down carpet type, such as Flotex, to a low level floor such as floorboards or thin vinyl.
- Features a smooth, curved edge to slope down to the vinyl or floor boards.
- The two floors should be level with each other as the Single 4 needs to lie flat.
- The carpet is gripped under tension by the teeth, whilst on the other side the floorcovering lies under the curved edge. This means no raw edges or rucked up carpet.
- The Single 4 is suitable for thin carpet/stick-down carpet only. Any underlay is cut short of the door bar.
- Made with a solid brass bar, with rounded edges, in a choice of 10 smart, unlacquered, metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- Also known as Premier Trim Single or a Single Naplock.
- If your carpet is standard thickness, select the Premier Single 9 carpet threshold instead.
Fitting of the Premier Single 4 door thresholds
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Stick, using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
- The underlay stops short of the door threshold.
- Once fitted, Premier Door Bars Single 4 can be ‘napped down’ with a carpeted wood block, which will give the carpet an extra firm grip on the pins and can reduce the height further.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds