The multi-functioned angle edge Premier Wide Lip
A substantial 37.5mm wide option in solid brass
- This versatile floor edging creates an elegant, right-angled finished trim, which protects and hides exposed or damaged edges. It is also great for other surfaces in the home, providing they are non-porous.
- Whilst suitable for the odd step in the home which is lightly used, the Wide Lip is not intended as a regular stair nosing for staircases.
- Use them on ceramic tiles, wood and laminate, smooth stone, LVT and other non porous hard flooring and surfaces.
- Simply stick down, no screws involved, by peeling off the tape on the underside of the top to reveal the self-adhesive (heat and water resistant) strip. The industrial glue provides a reassuring, strong fix.
- Choice of 6 different sizes in this range: Premier Wide Lip (shown on this page) Lip, Little Lip, Big Lip, Square Lip, Rake Back Lip. Find more information here.
- Made of 1.35mm thick solid brass in a choice of 10 smart, unlacquered metal finishes, including fashionable brushed chrome and popular antique brass and polished brass.
- Available in a choice of 4 lengths which you can cut down with a sharp hack-saw: 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm and 2700mm .
Fitting tips for the angle edge Premier Wide Lip
- Cut to length the Lip floor edging with a sharp hack-saw.
- Ensure both surfaces are clean and dry.
- Ensure the top floor surface is sufficiently smooth so that the adhesive is in contact and sticks.
- Peel back protective tape and stick immediately.
- If fitting to the edge of an individual step, then best to add an extra layer of glue for strength. However, the Wide Lip is not intended as a regular stair nosing up a staircase or where foot traffic is significant.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning flooring trims
This product is made of solid brass and hand-finished and therefore the finish may vary slightly from batch to batch. To achieve an authentic look and withstand daily use, they are unlacquered and therefore may age naturally over time, depending on their environment. Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds