The Vue stair rods enjoy a classic, timeless quality
Enhance your staircase with a touch of elegance
- High quality, ‘triangular’ rods featuring a visible flat face, measuring approximately 25mm (1”) across.
- Offered in ten metal finishes: polished, antique or satin brass, antique bronze, polished chrome, brushed chrome, satin and polished nickel, pewter and black.
- Suitable for runners and fitted carpets (Front Fix) – simply select the relevant option.
- Made-to-measure to fit your stairs.
- Supplied with a pair of matching-finished stair rod brackets with screws, suitable for installation with carpets or natural flooring fitted with underlay. Suitable for fitting on stair runners or fitted carpets.
- Protective finish – easy to wipe clean.
- It is important to note that, like other stair runner rods, the Vue stairrods are purely decorative and do not fix the carpet to the stairs; a stair runner must be secured by another means of installation such as gripper.
What length to order
- For RUNNER stair carpets and stair rods: simply add around 150mm (around 6”) to the width of your runner to give you the tip-to-tip measurement of stair rod to order. For example: if your runner is 690mm (around 27”) wide then you would order around 840mm (around 33”) length rods. Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials.
- For fitted stair carpets use the FRONT FIX stair rods: it is advisable to leave a 50mm (2”) gap on both sides, between the end of the finial (end piece) and the edge of your staircase (stringboard). For example: if your staircase measures 890mm (around 35”) across, then a 790mm (around 31”) stair rod would look well-balanced. Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials.
Tips on fitting the Vue stair rods
- The stair rod brackets are supplied with No. 6 screws: drill a pilot hole before fixing the brackets to the staircase, then drill a 4mm clearance hole for the screw shank. It is suggested for softwood: drill a 2.5mm pilot hole and hardwood a 3mm pilot hole. To avoid damaging the screws it is suggested you use a low drill speed.
- Runner rods brackets: affix either side of the runner.
- Fitted carpet Front Fix brackets: place the rod on the stair carpet and place the Front Fix brackets over the rod face, screwing them through the carpet. We recommend that you leave at least a 25-50mm gap between the stringboard (side of staircase) and tip of the rod, on both sides of the staircase.
- Fitting a stairrod to the bottom step (hall or landing level) is a popular option, as it helps to complete the look and creates a sense of flow from top to bottom of the house.
Cleaning is simple
- All our carpet stair rods are protected with a clear lacquer, which prevents the rod finish tarnishing.
- Simply wipe clean occasionally with a damp cloth and do not polish.
- If you use any household cleaners to clean surrounding wood and paintwork, this should be applied to the cloth and not directly sprayed on the surface of the staircase, as the cleaner can react with the finish of the rods.