Enjoy the artisan qualities of these Flat stair rods
Choose either wrought-iron black or stainless steel finish
- The Flat stair runner rods are solid rods with a hand-forged appearance, featuring a classically simple design of rod end.
- The Flat finials either end are integral to the rod.
- Choose from wrought iron black effect or stainless steel finish.
- Cylindrical rod: 12mm (1/2”) diameter.
- Supplied with a pair of matching-finished stair rod brackets with screws, suitable for installation with a runner or fitted carpet.
- Protective lacquer finish−just wipe clean.
- It is important to note that, like other stair runner rods, the Ball stair rods are purely decorative and do not fix the carpet to the stairs; a stair runner must be secured by another means of installation such as gripper.
What length to order
- The Blacksmith rods come in fixed lengths only with a universal styled bracket, which can be used for RUNNER carpets or FITTED carpets.
- For a runner: simply add around 100mm (4”) to the width of your runner to give you the approximate tip-to-tip measurement of your stair rod and then select the nearest length available. For example: if your runner is 690mm (around 27″) wide then it would be best to order the 810mm option (around 32″) rods. Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials.
- For fitted stair carpets: it is advisable to leave a 25-50mm (1-2”) gap on both sides, between the end of the finial (end piece) and the edge of your staircase (stringboard). For example: if your staircase measures around 1020mm (around 40”) across, then a 910mm (around 36”) stair rod would look well-balanced. Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials
Fitting the Blacksmith Flat stair rods to your stairs
- The stair rod brackets are supplied with No. 8 screws: drill a pilot hole before fixing the brackets to the staircase, then drill a 4mm clearance hole for the screw shank. It is suggested for softwood: drill a 3mm pilot hole and hardwood a 3.5mm pilot hole. To avoid damaging the screws it is suggested you use a low drill speed.
- Fitting a stairrod to the bottom step (hall or landing level) is a popular option, as it helps to create a visually balanced look. The wrought iron finish in the Blacksmith complements the black finish offered in all the Premier door thresholds, to create that professional, finishing touch.
- All our carpet stair rods are protected with a clear lacquer, which prevents the rod finish tarnishing.
- Simply wipe clean occasionally with a damp cloth and do not polish.
- If you use any household cleaners to clean surrounding wood and paintwork, this should be applied to the cloth and not directly sprayed on the surface of the staircase, as the cleaner can react with the finish of the rods.
Flat runner rods: how to measure up, which bracket type to order, cleaning & fitting tips
Please follow these links for further information about: