Add style and period charm to your staircase with these Victorian stair clips
The Victorian stair clips are an attractive, decorative accessory to a staircase. They are useful for enhancing the sense of spaciousness and add interest to a plain runner carpet.
Key design elements
- The Victorian stair clips are period in style and suitable for a stair runner (a runner carpet with the stair tread and riser showing on either side of the carpet).
- They are available in a choice of 7 metal finishes: polished brass, antique brass, satin brass, satin nickel, chrome, pewter and black.
- The stair clip is made complete with pivoting clip for easy fitting.
It is important to note that the Victorian stair clips are purely decorative and do not fix the carpet to the stairs; your carpet must be secured by another means of installation, such as gripper.
Fitting your Victorian stair clips
- It is best to fit your stair clips before the carpet is fitted.
- First mark the width of the actual stair runner at the back of the step, where the tread meets the riser.
- Then measure the thickness of the runner with underlay and mark it off on the riser.
- Then line up the bottom of the clip with the mark on the riser, checking it is straight, and draw outline of the clip’s plate.
- Pivot the plate to reveal the screw holes and mark up before making pilot holes.
- Finally drill holes suitable for No 6 screws and attach stair clips. Remember to drill slowly to avoid breaking the screws.
The Victorian stair clips have an invisible lacquer to protect them and keep them looking pristine. Simply wipe clean occasionally with a damp cloth and do not polish. If you use any household cleaners to clean surrounding wood and paintwork, this should be applied to the cloth and not directly sprayed on the surface of the staircase, as the cleaner can react with the clips. If any liquids are spilt on the clips they should be immediately wiped with a damp cloth and the dried with a clean, dry cloth.
We supply our stair clips direct to your door and typically deliver within 4-5 working days in the UK. Delivery is free of charge for orders over £75.00 to most UK locations.