Value range of Jubilee stair rods, available in 8 finishes
The Jubilee stair rods have been designed for those homeowners looking for cheap carpet runner rods which deliver great looks and quality. Jubilee carpet rods are available in four different sizes – simply cut to suit your stairs. Order one of ten attractive finishes and we will deliver to your door in just a few days. See also the value Homepride stair rods.
Suitable for stair runners only
The Jubilee is suitable for stair runners only i.e. a carpet or natural flooring up the centre of the stairs. It is not suitable for fitted carpets. The brackets are supplied with two screws, which need to be fixed to the stairs, either side of the runner. The finials are permanently attached to the brackets (unlike most other designs of stair rods). Cut to measure from one of four standard lengths
What length to buy?
The Jubilee stairrods are available in four standard lengths, which can easily be cut to size with a sharp hack-saw, at the time of fitting.
Option 1 fits a runner up to 70cm/700mm (27.5”) in width
Option 2 fits a runner up to 89cm/890mm (35”) in width
Option 3 fits a runner up to 120cm/1200mm (47.25”) in width
Option 4 fits a runner up to 150cm/1500mm (59”) in width
Key design elements
- Slender 9mm (3/8”) diameter, hollow stair rods
- Offered in 8 special finishes: brass, antique brass, bronze, chrome, satin nickel, ivory, black, pewter.
- Four size options only – choose the correct length or slightly longer and then cut to size on site.
- The finial is already attached to the bracket, making installation fast and simple.
- Supplied with matching brackets and screws with a clearance of 14mm.
Fitting the Jubilee
- Position the brackets by the side of the stair runner. Jubilee rods are supplied with No. 6 screws; drill a pilot hole before fixing the brackets to the stairs. For soft wood create a 2.5mm pilot hole and for hard wood create a 3mm pilot hole.
- Remember to set your power drill on a low torque setting so as to avoid breaking the screws.
- It is important to note that, like most stair rods, the Jubilee rods are purely decorative and do not fix the carpet to the stairs; your carpet must be secured by another means of installation such as gripper.
The Jubilee stair rods have an invisible lacquer to protect them and keep them looking pristine. Simply wipe clean occasionally with a damp cloth and do not polish. If you use any household cleaners to clean surrounding wood and paintwork, this should be applied to the cloth and not directly sprayed on the surface of the staircase, as the cleaner can react with the rods. If any liquids are spilt on the stair rods they should be immediately wiped with a damp cloth and the dried with a clean, dry cloth.
We supply our stair rods direct to your door and aim to deliver within 3-4 working days in the UK. Delivery is free of charge for most orders over £75.00.
Style tip for Jubilee stair rods
Fitting a rod to the bottom step (hall or landing level) is a popular option.