Showing all 4 results
These shimmering Crystal stair rods introduce a whole new dimension to a staircase
The Crystal stair rods provide a fabulous touch of glamour with their glittering crystal finials. Fastened either end of the carpet rods, they catch the light to create an eye-catching and welcoming feature. Choose from a golden amber, delicate rose, sky blue or clear (rainbow) to complement your runner.
Suitable for stair runners and fitted carpets.
The four colour options in the Crystal range are available to order for either a stair runner or fitted carpet. Simply select the relevant option when placing your order online. The carpet runner rods designed for a runner are supplied with hinged brackets, which are located either side of the runners and feature a finial either end. For a fitted (full width stair runner) you should select the Front Fix brackets, which fit over the face of the rod (only) and are attached by screwing through the carpet into the staircase.
Key design elements
- High quality hollow carpet rods, offered in ten metal finishes: polished brass, antique or satin brass, antique bronze, polished chrome, brushed chrome, satin and polished nickel, pewter and black.
- A choice of four crystal colours: Amber, Rainbow, Rose or Sky.
- Cylindrical rod: 12mm (1/2”) diameter.
- Choice of reeded, spiral or plain rod style.
- Made-to-measure to fit your stairs and width of stair runner.
- Supplied with a pair of matching-finished stair rod brackets with screws, suitable for installation with carpets or natural flooring fitted with underlay. The standard 12mm (1/2”) brackets supplied have a 14mm clearance to allow for the underlay and carpet.
- Suitable for fitting on stair runners or fitted carpets.
- Protective finish – easy to wipe clean.
What length to order
- For runner stair carpets: simply add around 10 cm (4”) to the width of your runner to give you the tip-to-tip measurement of stair rod to order. For example: if your runner is 69cm (27”) wide then you would order 79cm (31”) length rods. Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials. The standard 12mm (1/2”) bracket supplied has a 14mm clearance to allow for the underlay and carpet
- For fitted stair carpets: it is advisable to leave a 5cm (2”) gap on both sides, between the end of the finial (end piece) and the edge of your staircase (stringboard). For example: if your staircase measures 89cm (35”) across, then a 79cm (31”) stair rod would look well-balanced. Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials.
It is important to note that, like other stair runner rods, the Crystal stairrods are purely decorative and do not fix the carpet to the stairs; a stair runner must be secured by another means of installation such as gripper.
Tips on fitting the Crystal carpet rods for stairs
The stair rod brackets are supplied with No. 6 screws: drill a pilot hole before fixing the brackets to the staircase, then drill a 4mm clearance hole for the screw shank. It is suggested for softwood: drill a 2.5mm pilot hole and hardwood a 3mm pilot hole. To avoid damaging the screws it is suggested you use a low drill speed.
- Runner rods brackets: separate, by sliding the top from the bottom of the bracket to reveal the screw holes. Fit the bottom section first, and then place the rod in before sliding the top bracket section into place and securing with the supplied domed-head screw.
- Fitted carpet Front Fix brackets: place the rod on the stair carpet and place the Front Fix brackets over the rod face, screwing them through the carpet. We recommend that you leave at least a 2.5-5cm gap between the stringboard (side of staircase) and tip of the rod, on both sides of the staircase.
- Fitting a stairrod to the bottom step (hall or landing level) is a popular option, as it helps to complete the look and creates a sense of flow from top to bottom of the house.
- The Premier range of door thresholds has matching finishes to the ten offered in the Crystal stair rod range.
Cleaning is simple
- All our carpet stair rods are protected with a clear lacquer, which prevents the rod finish tarnishing. Simply wipe clean occasionally with a damp cloth and do not polish. If you use any household cleaners to clean surrounding wood and paintwork, this should be applied to the cloth and not directly sprayed on the surface of the staircase, as the cleaner can react with the finish of the rods.
We supply our stair rods direct to your door and aim to deliver within 6-7 working days in the UK. Delivery is free of charge for most orders over £75.00, depending on the delivery location.