This product is not currently available. Please contact us for further information.
[click to view]
Easyrods Product Information
To order or to see the different finishes available in this range: select ADD TO BASKET, shown above, then make your choice and proceed to the next page. Having made your choices, select CHECK PRICE to find the price.
- The Easyrods from Stairrods (UK) feature push-on, acorn styled finials (decorative ends).
- Suitable for stair runners i.e. a runner carpet with the stair tread and riser showing on either side of the carpet, and fitted stair carpets.
- Value range made in hollow aluminium, just 9mm (⅜") diameter rods & coated finials.
- A choice of 4 metal finishes: brass, bronze, chrome and black.
- Cut to size with a sharp hacksaw.
- Supplied with matching brackets and screws suitable for carpets and carpets with underlay.
What length to cut your Easyrods to?
- For runner stair carpets: Simply add around 10 cm (4 inches)to the width of your runner to give you the tip-to-tip measurement to fit. For example: If your runner is 69cm (27 inches) wide then you would cut to 79cm (31 inch) rods.
- For fitted stair carpets: It is advisable to leave a 5cm (2 inch) gap between the end of the finial and the edge of your staircase (stringboard)on either side.
It is important to note that, like most stair rods, the Easyrods rods are purely decorative and do not fix the carpet to the stairs; your carpet must be secured by another means of installation such as gripper.
For further information visit Measuring & Fitting Rods.
Fitting your Easyrods stair rodsEasyrods rods are supplied with No. 6 screws; drill a pilot hole before fixing the brackets to the stairs. For soft wood create a 2.5mm pilot hole and for hard wood create a 3mm pilot hole. A clearance hole of 4mm should be drilled to accommodate the screw shank. Remember to set your power drill on a low torque setting so as to avoid breaking the screws.
CleaningThe Easyrods stair rods have an invisible lacquer to protect them and keep them looking pristine. Simply wipe clean occasionally with a damp cloth and do not polish. If you use any household cleaners to clean surrounding wood and paintwork, this should be applied to the cloth and not directly sprayed on the surface of the staircase, as the cleaner can react with the rods. If any liquids are spilt on the stair rods they should be immediately wiped with a damp cloth and the dried with a clean, dry cloth.
DeliveryWe supply our stair rods direct to your door and aim to deliver within 4-5 working days in the UK. Delivery is free of charge for orders over £75.00 to most UK locations.
AccessoriesWe offer a comprehensive selection of carpet door bars and door thresholds to join carpets to carpet, carpets to wood and vinyl and the like. The Joints door thresholds range of door thresholds offer a good value option.
Style tipFitting Easyrods stair rods to the bottom step (hall or landing level) is a popular option.