Royale Stair Rods
[click to view]
Royale Stair Rods Product Information
To order or to see the different designs and finishes available in this range: select ADD TO BASKET, shown above, then make your choice and proceed to the next page. Having made your choices, select CHECK PRICE to find the price.
- A traditionally styled triangular rod available in 3 designs: Beaumont, Vue & Louis. Visible front face of rod dimension is around 25mm.
- Suitable for a stair runner (a runner carpet with the stair tread and riser showing on either side of the carpet) or for a fitted stair carpet.
- Royale stair rods are available in a choice of 7 metal finishes: polished brass, antique brass, satin brass, satin nickel, chrome, pewter, black.
- Made-to-measure to fit your stairs. See below for instructions on how to measure up.
- Supplied with matching fleur de lys styled brackets with screws, suitable for carpets and carpets with underlay. The runner bracket has a clearance of 10mm.
What length to order?
- For runner stair carpets: Simply add around 15 cm (6 inches)to the width of your runner to give you the tip-to-tip measurement to order. For example: If your runner is 69cm (27 inches) wide then you would order 84cm (33 inch) rods. Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials.
- For fitted stair carpets: It is advisable to leave a 5cm (2 inch) gap between the end of the finial and the edge of your staircase (stringboard) on either side. For example: If your staircase measures 89cm (35 inches) across, then a 79cm (31 inch) stair rod should look smart. Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials.
It is important to note that, like most stair rods, the Royale rods are purely decorative and do not fix the carpet to the stairs; your carpet must be secured by another means of installation such as gripper.
For further information visit Measuring & Fitting Rods.
Fitting your Royale stair rodsThe brackets are supplied with No. 6 screws: drill a pilot hole before fixing the brackets to the staircase, then drill a clearance hole of 4mm for the screw shank. To avoid damaging the screws, use a low drill speed.
- Runner rods brackets: These brackets feature a small grub screw to hold the rod in place and an Allen Key is provided for this purpose. Take care to avoid damaging the rod lacquer when sliding the brackets over the rods.
- Fitted carpet brackets: Place the rod in position and screw the brackets over the top, through the carpet.
CleaningThe Royal stair rods have an invisible lacquer to protect them and keep them looking pristine. Simply wipe clean occasionally with a damp cloth and do not polish. If you use any household cleaners to clean surrounding wood and paintwork, this should be applied to the cloth and not directly sprayed on the surface of the staircase, as the cleaner can react with the rods. If any liquids are spilt on the stair rods they should be immediately wiped with a damp cloth and the dried with a clean, dry cloth.
DeliveryWe supply our stair rods direct to your door and aim to deliver within 7 working days in the UK. Delivery is free of charge for most orders over £75.00.
AccessoriesWe offer a comprehensive selection of carpet door bars and door thresholds to join carpets to carpet, carpets to wood and vinyl and the like. The Premier designs match the Royale range finishes.
Style tipFitting Royale stair rods to your bottom step (hall or landing level) is a popular option.