Blacksmith Stair Rods
[click to view]
Blacksmith Stair Rods Product Information
To order or to see the different designs available in this range: select ADD TO BASKET and proceed to the next page to chose the length. Having made your choices, select CHECK PRICE to find the price.
- Hand beaten, wrought iron, offered in 2 rustic designs of finials (end pieces).
- Designed by Rodney Brittain, the Northumbrian traditional blacksmith, acclaimed for his decorative wrought ironwork.
- The universal design of bracket makes Blacksmith suitable for a stair runner (a runner carpet with the stair tread and riser showing on either side of the carpet) or a fitted stair carpet.
- The universal bracket style is ideal for fitting on turning or spiral staircases.
- Blacksmith stair rods are available in black or stainless steel.
- Supplied with matching brackets and screws suitable for carpets and carpets with underlay. The runner bracket is designed to cater for both thin and thick stair runners.
What length to order?
- With the Ball or Flat Blacksmith rod designs on a runner stair carpet: Simply add around 10 cm (4 inches)to the width of your runner to give you the tip-to-tip measurement to order. For example: If your runner is 69cm (27 inches) wide then you would order 79cm (31 inch) rods. Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials. For the Arrow Blacksmith design, we recommend you add around 15 cm (6 inches).
- For fitted stair carpets: It is advisable to leave a 5cm (2 inch) gap between the end of the finial and the edge of your staircase (stringboard) on either side. For example: If your staircase measures 89cm (35 inches) across, then a 79cm (31 inch) stair rod should look smart. Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials.
It is important to note that, like most stair rods, the Blacksmith rods are purely decorative and do not fix the carpet to the stairs; your carpet must be secured by another means of installation such as gripper.
For further information visit Measuring & Fitting Rods.
Fitting your Blacksmith stair rodsThe brackets are supplied with No. 8 screws: drill a pilot hole before fixing the brackets to the staircase, then drill a clearance hole of 4mm for the screw shank. To avoid damaging the screws, use a low drill speed.
CleaningSimply wipe clean occasionally with a damp cloth and do not polish. If you use any household cleaners to clean surrounding wood and paintwork, this should be applied to the cloth and not directly sprayed on the surface of the staircase, as the cleaner can react with the rods. If any liquids are spilt on the stair rods they should be immediately wiped with a damp cloth and then dried with a clean, dry cloth.
DeliveryWe supply our stair rods direct to your door and aim to deliver within 6-7 working days in the UK. Delivery is free of charge for orders over £75.00 for most UK locations.
Style tips:Fitting Blacksmith stair rods to the bottom step (hall or landing level) is a popular option, as it helps create a visually balanced look.
AccessoriesWe offer a comprehensive selection of carpet door bars and door thresholds to join carpets to carpet, carpets to wood and vinyl and the like. To see a choice of designs, please see this page.