Sleek and elegant, the Woburn stair rods available in ten finishes
Choose solid stair rods for the ultimate in fine quality
- Solid core, high quality stair rods, offered in ten metal finishes: polished, antique or satin brass, antique bronze, polished chrome, brushed chrome, satin and polished nickel, pewter and black.
- Choice of two diameters of cylindrical rod 12mm (1/2”), 16mm (5/8”).
- Made-to-measure to fit your stairs.
- Supplied with a pair of matching-finished stair rod brackets with screws, suitable for installation with carpets or natural flooring fitted with underlay. The standard 12mm (1/2”) brackets supplied have a 14mm clearance to allow for the underlay and carpet, whilst the 16mm (5/8”) brackets have a 15mm clearance.
- Suitable for fitting on stair runners or fitted carpets (Front Fix or Side Fix ) – simply choose the relevant bracket option when ordering.
- Protective finish – easy to wipe clean.
- It is important to note that, like most stair runner rods, the Woburn are purely decorative and do not fix the carpet to the stairs; a stair runner must be secured by another means of installation such as gripper.
Tips on fitting the Woburn
- A pair of complementing stair rod brackets is supplied with No. 6 screws: drill a pilot hole before fixing the brackets to the staircase, then drill a clearance hole for the screw shank. To avoid damaging the screws it is suggested you use a low drill speed.
- Runner rods brackets: separate, by sliding the top from the bottom of the bracket to reveal the screw holes. Fit the bottom section first, and then place the rod in before sliding the top bracket section into place and securing with the supplied domed-head screw.
- Fitted carpet Front Fix brackets: place the rod on the stair carpet and place the Front Fix brackets over the rod face, screwing them through the carpet. We recommend that you leave at least a 25-50mm gap between the stringboard (side of staircase) and tip of the rod, on both sides of the staircase.
- Fitted carpet Side Fix brackets: screw one bracket into the wood side of the staircase before slotting in the supplied rod and then fixing the second bracket to the side of the staircase
What length to order
- For runner stair carpets: simply add around 100mm (around 4”) to the width of your runner to give you the tip-to-tip measurement of 12mm diameter stair rod to order. For example: if your runner is 690mm (around 27”) wide then you would order 790mm (around 31”) length 12mm rods. Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials. For the 16mm (5/8″) diameter rod, add around 125mm (5″).
- The standard 12mm (1/2”) bracket supplied has a 14mm clearance to allow for the underlay and carpet, whilst the 16mm (5/8”) brackets have a 15mm clearance.
- For FRONT FIX stair rods for fitted stair carpets: it is advisable to leave a 50mm (around 2”) gap on either side, between the end of the finial (end piece) and the edge of your staircase (stringboard). For example: if your staircase measures 890mm (around 35”) across, then a 790mm (around 31”) stair rod would look well-balanced. Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials.
- For SIDE FIX stair rods for fitted stair carpets, it is normally best for the fitter to cut (with a sharp hack-saw) on site as each step may vary and therefore we suggest you order longer than you require.
- Fitting a stairrod to the bottom step (hall or landing level) is a popular option, as it helps to create a visually balanced look. We can supply curved options of the Woburn for bottom step(s), as a special order – please get in touch for further details.
- All our stair rods are protected with a clear lacquer, which prevents the rod finish tarnishing.
- Simply wipe clean occasionally with a damp cloth and do not polish.
- If you use any household cleaners to clean surrounding wood and paintwork, this should be applied to the cloth and not directly sprayed on the surface of the staircase, as the cleaner can react with the finish of the rods.