Premier Z bar joins carpet to hard flooring and looks the part for years to come
Choose the Premier collection to coordinate all your door thresholds & trims
- The Premier Z9 bar is an elegant and secure way to join a carpet to a hard floor in a doorway e.g. ceramic tiles, wood and laminate, stone, rubber.
- Commonly known by fitters as a ‘Z bar’.
- The two floors should be level with each other for the Premier Z to lie flat. However, if yours are slightly different, stack the 3mm thick MDF strips, we’ve included free of charge, under the Premier Z9 to raise the base.
- If your carpet then needs to be raised up to the level of the pins, buy the Easyshims to create a ramp. Please click the VIDEO tab above to see how it works.
- Once fitted, the Premier Door Bar Z9 can be ‘napped down’ with a carpeted wood block, which will give the carpet an extra firm grip on the pins and can reduce the height by 3mm.
- Made with a solid brass bar, with rounded edges, in a choice of 10 smart, unlacquered metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- The visible bar or top is 30mm (just over 1″) wide and approximately 4mm thick.
- This Premier Z9 Bar is the same product as the Premier Double Z9 profile, which joins carpets to carpets. When converting to the carpet to hard floor (Premier Z option), simply peel off one side of the metal hook base along the scored groove, using a pair of pliers and turning anti clockwise. This is easily done and takes a couple of minutes.
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Stick, using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 3 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds