The Premier Trims Z13 door thresholds transition from carpet to hard flooring around 13mm thick
Buy now over 10 different finishes
- The Premier Trims Z13 door thresholds are an elegant and secure way to join unusually thick carpet to tiles or wood, both around 13mm deep.
- For most carpets and hard flooring the Premier Z9 is the more suitable design i.e. up to 9mm thick.
- The two floors should be level with each other for the Z13 to lie flat. However, if yours are slightly different, stack the free, 3mm thick MDF strips (included) underneath.
- If your carpet needs to be raised up to the level of the pins, buy the Easyshims to create a ramp.
- Once fitted, the Premier Z13 can be ‘napped down’ with a carpeted wood block, which will give the carpet an extra firm grip on the pins and can reduce the height by 3mm.
- Made with a solid brass bar, with rounded edges, in a choice of 10 smart, natural metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
The visible bar or top of these door bars is 30mm (just over 1″) wide and approximately 4mm thick.
- This Premier Z13 Bar is the same product as the Premier Double Z13 profile, which joins carpets to carpets. When converting to the carpet to hard floor (Premier Z option), simply peel off one side of the metal hook base along the scored groove, using a pair of pliers and turning anti clockwise. This is easily done and takes a couple of minutes.
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Stick, using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds