The Premier Trims Z13 door thresholds transition from thick carpet to tiles & wood
Buy now over 10 different finishes
- The Premier Trims Z13 door thresholds are an elegant and secure way to join particularly deep pile carpet (up to 13mm thick when compressed) to a hard floor surface such as tiles, stone, thick LVT or wood. If your carpet is a standard thickness, around 8-10mm, we suggest you consider the Premier Z9 instead.
- The two base floors i.e. under the carpet or hard floorcovering should be level with each other, as the Z13 must be installed flat. However, each Z13 is supplied with small pieces of 3mm thick MDF and if your hard flooring is slightly thicker than your carpet, stack the MDF strips underneath the Premier Z13 to slightly elevate the bar, allowing it to fit snugly over the edge of the hard floorcovering.
- Meanwhile, if your carpet needs to be raised up to the level of the Premier Z13 base pins, buy the Easyshims to create a ramp under your carpet.
- Once fitted, the Premier Z13 can be ‘napped down’ with a carpeted wood block, which will give the carpet an extra firm grip on the pins and can reduce the height by 3mm.
- Made with a solid brass bar, with rounded edges, in a choice of 10 smart, natural metal finishes.
- Available in 4 lengths which can be cut to measure with a sharp hack-saw: 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- Please note that when joining carpets and hard flooring the Premier Z9 is most commonly used i.e. for carpets which are around 9mm thick when compressed.
The visible bar or top of these door bars is 30mm (just over 1″) wide and approximately 4mm thick.
Fitting tips for the Premier Trims Z13
- This Premier Z13 Bar is the same product as the Premier Double Z13 profile, which joins carpets to carpets. When converting to the carpet to hard floor (Premier Z option), simply peel off one side of the metal hook base along the scored groove, using a pair of pliers and turning anti clockwise. This is easily done and takes a couple of minutes.
- Thick carpets can be compressed onto the pins before napping down (see above).
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Stick, using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
- Remember, the Premier Z13 trim is for extra thick carpet; if your carpet is around 8-10mm you will need the Premier Z9 door threshold trim instead.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning door thresholds
This product is made of solid brass and hand-finished and therefore the finish may vary slightly from batch to batch. To achieve an authentic look and withstand daily use, they are unlacquered and therefore may age naturally over time, depending on their environment. Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds