Premier Trims Square create a smart and secure join between a carpet and hard floorcovering
Buy online and see the difference
- The Premier Trims Square are smart and secure door thresholds to join a carpet with a hard floor, such as ceramic tiles, laminate or wood floorcoverings.
- The Square, otherwise known as the SQ profile, is ideal for doorways and door surrounds.
- The two floors should be level with each other for the SQ to lie flat. However, if yours are slightly different, stack the 3mm MDF strips, which we’ve included free of charge, underneath the SQ and raise the base.
- If your carpet needs to be raised up to the level of the pins, buy the Easyshims to create a ramp.
- The carpet is gripped under tension by the teeth, whilst on the other side the hard floor simply butts up against the SQ.
- The Premier Trims Square are suitable for carpet with underlay.
- Made with a solid brass bar, with rounded edges, in a choice of 10 smart, metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- The visible bar is 12mm wide (around 1/2″)
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Stick, using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
- Any underlay stops short of the door threshold.
- Once fitted, the SQ can be ‘napped down’ with a carpeted wood block, which will give the carpet an extra firm grip on the pins and can reduce the height by 3mm.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 3 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Cleaning Door Thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds