The Premier Trims Double Z9 door thresholds create an elegant join between two carpets
Buy now over 10 different finishes
- The Premier Trims Double Z9 door thresholds are an elegant and secure way to join a carpet to another carpet in a doorway. Also suited to joining a carpet to a hard floorcovering by removing one base section.
- Ideal for quality carpet up to around 12mm thick (excluding underlay).
- The two floors should be level with each other for the Double Z9 (otherwise known as ZZ9 or double naplocks) to lie flat. However, if yours are slightly different, stack the free, 3mm thick MDF strips (included) underneath.
- If one of your carpets needs to be raised up to the level of the pins, buy the Easyshims to create a ramp.
- Once fitted, the Premier Double Z9 can be ‘napped down’ with a carpeted wood block, which will give the carpet an extra firm grip on the pins and can reduce the height by 3mm.
- Made with a solid brass bar, with rounded edges, in a choice of 10 smart, metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- The visible bar or top of these Double Naplocks is 30mm (just over 1″) wide and approximately 4mm thick.
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Stick, using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
- For images and information on how to convert the Double Z9 so as to be able to join a hard floor, such as ceramic tiles or wood, to a carpet, please see the Premier Z.
- Note: any underlay stops short of the door threshold.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 3 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Cleaning Door Thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds