Narrow Z bar to join from a hard floorcovering to carpet
Discreetly slender for a minimalist look
- The Premier Slim Z door bar is just 22mm wide compared to the standard Premier Z9 at 30mm wide.
- Premier Slim Z joins a carpet to a hard floor in a doorway, where the hard floorcovering experiences little or no expansion.
- Commonly known by fitters as a narrow ‘Z bar’.
- The two floors should be level with each other for the Slim Z to lie flat. However, if yours are slightly different, stack the 3mm thick MDF strips, we’ve included free of charge, under the Slim Z to raise the base.
- If your carpet then needs to be raised up to the level of the pins, buy the Easyshims to create a ramp.
- Made with a solid brass bar, with rounded edges, in a choice of 10 smart, metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- Only use when joining a carpet to a hard floorcovering that experiences minimal or no expansion/movement.
- Use some or all of the supplied MDF strips to raise the bar to the necessary height i.e. at least 3mm above the height of the hard flooring.
- The MDF strips should be cut into sections and placed at the fixing points and nailed down.
- Once carpet and underlay if fitted, ‘nap-down’ the Slim Z to ensure the carpet has a secure grip on the pins, using a block of wood wrapped in carpet and then gently hammer the block, against the top of the trim to gently depress it down 3mm. This will give the carpet an extra firm grip on the pins and can reduce the height by 3mm.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 3 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Cleaning Door Thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds