An extra narrow Z bar to cover the join between a carpet and hard floorcovering
A high quality slender Z bar for for those who prefer a minimalist look
- The Premier Slim Z door bar is just 22mm wide compared to the standard Premier Z9 which measures 30mm wide. When deciding which you prefer, it is advisable to take into consideration the depth of your door frame in order to achieve a balanced look.
- These Slim Zs feature a solid bar which is visible and underneath a base section on one side which grips the carpet and holds it firmly in place. The vertical is designed to be depressed slightly (into a Z-shape), so the bar nestles into the carpet pile rather than standing proud.
- Use this type of door profile when joining a carpet to a hard floorcovering (such as stone, ceramic tiles, wood) in a doorway or across a room, where the hard floorcovering is fixed securely in place and will not expand or contract.
- The two floors need to be level (see diagram below) with each other as the Slim Z lies flat on the sub-floor and then fits neatly over the top of the hard floorcovering. However, if your hard floorcovering is slightly higher than the carpet, stack the supplied 3mm thick MDF strips under the base section of the Slim Z, which will raise it up 3mm.
- If there is a significant level difference with the carpet much lower then Easyshims can be a useful solution.
- Manufactured with a solid brass bar, featuring rounded edges, in a choice of 10 smart, unlacquered metal finishes.
- Available in 4 alternative lengths which can be cut down at the time of fitting: 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm and 2700mm
- If you are joining 2 carpets and require a slim door threshold, please see the Premier Slim D.
- Only use when joining a carpet to a hard floorcovering that experiences minimal or no expansion/movement.
- Use some or all of the supplied MDF strips to raise the bar to the necessary height i.e. at least 3mm above the height of the hard flooring.
- The MDF strips should be cut into sections and placed at the fixing points and nailed down.
- Once carpet and underlay if fitted, ‘nap-down’ the Slim Z bar to ensure the carpet has a secure grip on the pins, using a block of wood wrapped in carpet and then gently hammer the block, against the top of the trim to gently depress it down 3mm. This will give the carpet an extra firm grip on the pins and can reduce the height by 3mm
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning door thresholds
This product is made of solid brass and hand-finished and therefore the finish may vary slightly from batch to batch. To achieve an authentic look and withstand daily use, they are unlacquered and therefore may age naturally over time, depending on their environment. Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds