Construct a door mat surround in your hall with the Premier Matwell for floating floors
Create a practical and smart entrance to your home
- The Premier Matwell door mat surround is made in solid brass and available in a choice of 10 smart metal finishes for a quality look.
- Use this floating Matwell when your surrounding floor is a floating one and therefore requires allowances for expansion e.g. floating LVT, certain types of engineered wood, timber and laminate floors. If your flooring is non-floating e.g. porcelain, stuck wood etc, then take a look at the Premier Matwells for Non Floating flooring.
- If your flooring is carpet you can use the Premier Square instead.
- Ideal for coir (17mm thick) or ribbed (12mm thick) matting.
- No screws and therefore ideal where underfloor heating could be an issue.
- Available 900mm, 1800mm and 2700mm lengths to make any shape or size of frame.
- A choice of three expansion options: small (11mm expansion), medium (15mm expansion) and large (23mm expansion) for both the 12mm and 17mm thickness of mats.
- For 12mm thick ribbed matting option:
- 11mm expansion allowance: (A) 6mm (B) 11mm (C) 8mm
- 15mm expansion allowance: (A) 6mm (B) 15mm (C) 8mm
- 23mm expansion allowance: (A) 6mm (B) 23mm (C) 8mm
- For 17mm thick coir styled matting option:
- 11mm expansion allowance: (A) 6mm (B) 11mm (C) 13mm
- 15mm expansion allowance: (A) 6mm (B) 15mm (C) 13mm
- 23mm expansion allowance: (A) 6mm (B) 23mm (C) 13mm
Fitting tips for the Premier door mat surround
- This is a technical job and it is recommended that an experienced fitter is used.
- Fit the matwell at the time of installing the floating floor.
- Lay the flooring, leaving space for the mat.
- Calculate the size of the mat, allowing for the expansion as per the flooring manufacturer’s advice (see Fitting Instructions tab below).
- Build up under the mat using the Shims provided.
- Cut and mitre the matwell edging and stick in position.
- Fit the door mat in the recess.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 3 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning matwell edging and door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds