Discreet profiled threshold strips for 4-5mm thick LVT & other flooring
Choose from 10 pristine metal finishes
- The visible door profile is just 7mm wide, creating a discreet join. It has a square edge, which means that it butts up against the adjoining flooring, door frame etc – please see diagram below.
- It is designed for use with luxury vinyl (LVT), which are typically 4mm or 5mm thick e.g. Karndean, Amtico and other brands, but is also suitable to use with any hard flooring type e.g. porcelain or carpet tiles which are 4mm or 5mm thick. However, this trim is not suitable for standard carpet and underlay.
- It caters for floating flooring with a maximum expansion allowance of 4-5mm. (For more information about floating floors see Fitting Door Thresholds).
- Ideal for edging where the flooring butts up against a patio door or a mat well, creating a neat square edge.
- The base floor on both sides of the LVT Square cap need to be level with each other for this door bar to lie flat (see diagram).
- Also suitable for using where full-height windows drop below the floor level, such as in some apartments.
- Made in solid brass in a choice of 10 smart, natural metal finishes
- Available lengths: 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- If you prefer a curved edge profile, see the LVT Bevel Cap.
- 4mm Internal Height (see diagram)
- 5mm Internal Height (see diagram)
- Choose the relevant size to suit the thickness of your floorcovering.
Fitting tips for the Premier LVT Square Cap
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- The base section of the Square Cap floor trim, which when fitted is hidden underneath the LVT, is pre-drilled. Securely attach to the base floor with screws (not supplied). Alternatively, it can be stuck using a suitable propriety adhesive; to then avoid the screw holes mirroring through to the surface, featheredge.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds