- This is a stair nosing designed to protect step edges fitted with luxury vinyl (LVT) which are flat or flush and have no overhang; in effect they feature a right angle profile rather than a rounded one. If your steps have an overhang, please view the Premier LVT Nosing with Full Bull. Meanwhile, if your steps are curved, please see the Premier Bendybull
- They are designed for a staircase fitted with luxury vinyl, often known as LVT , on both the treads (the actual steps) and the risers (the vertical back of the step).
- Choose from 4 different alternatives: to suit 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm or 5mm thickness of LVT (refer to the manufacturer’s product information to determine the thickness of your vinyl). The vinyl flooring fits under the lip of the metal nosing.
- They are designed to cater for both dryback and floating (click) types of LVT with an expansion allowance of 0-5mm.
- Whilst this design of stair nosings covers the joins in the vinyl found on the front edge of each step and therefore protects it from excess wear and tear, they also provide a striking feature up your flight of stairs.
- Quality-made in solid brass and offered in a choice of 10 smart metal finishes all of which are unlacquered.
- Likewise, available in 4 standard lengths which should be cut to size: 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- Also designed to be suitable for top steps joining to landings likewise fitted with floating LVT, allowing for expansion of 0-5mm.
The internal height (see diagram) relates to the thickness of your specific vinyl flooring. You should choose the relevant option when purchasing to ensure there is room for the vinyl to slide under the lip of the nosing profile.
- 2.5mm Internal Height
- 3mm Internal Height
- 4mm Internal Height
- 5mm Internal Height
Fitting tips for the Premier LVT stair nosing
- To ensure a safe and smart installation, we recommend that you request a proficient carpet fitter to fit all stair nosings. The NICF (National Institute of Carpet and Floorlayers) can advise on professional fitters in your area.
- Each LVT Nosing No Bull is pre-drilled along the middle and back edge. Attach with screws (not supplied) and apply adhesive for additional security.
- The exact method of fitting will depend on your fitter. Dryback and stick down LVT is typically fitted to 4mm plywood and the design of this nosing accommodates this.
- A 2mm spacer is supplied should a 5.5mm or 6mm ply be used as tread preparation.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range to complement your stair nosing
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We, therefore, recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning stair nosing and door thresholds
This product is made of solid brass and hand-finished and therefore the finish may vary slightly from batch to batch. To achieve an authentic look and withstand daily use, they are unlacquered and therefore may age naturally over time, depending on their environment. Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds