The smart door threshold that joins carpet tiles and sisal
Choose from 10 stunning metal finishes
- The Premier Double Z4 door thresholds are an elegant and secure means to join stick-down carpets (such as Flotex), carpet tiles, flatweaves and sisal, in a doorway or across a room.
- Also suited to joining carpet titles or sisal to a hard floor (up to 4mm thick) by removing one base section (see fitting tips below).
- The two floors should be level with each other for the Double Z4 to lie flat. However, if yours are slightly different, stack the free, 3mm thick MDF strips (included) underneath.
- Once fitted, the Premier Double Z4 can be ‘napped down’ with a carpeted wood block, which will give the carpet an extra firm grip on the pins and can reduce the height.
- This quality door bar is made in solid brass, with rounded edges in a choice of 10 smart natural metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1000mm, 1800mm and 2700mm lengths.
- For all standard thicknesses of carpet, such as tufted, loop-pile and woven carpets, please use the Double Z9 door threshold.
Fitting tips for the Premier Double Z4
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Stick, using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
- To convert to the Premier Double Z4 to the Premier Z4 for joining carpet tiles or sisal to wood or other hard floorcovering – please remove one base strip.
- Note: any underlay stops short of the door threshold.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Looking after & cleaning door thresholds
Please refer to our How To Guide for specific instructions on cleaning these thresholds.