The smart way to join low pile carpets
Choose from 10 stunning metal finishes
- The Premier Double Z4 door thresholds are an elegant and secure means to join low pile carpets (such as Flotex) or flatweave, in a doorway or across a room.
- Also suited to joining a carpet to a hard floor by removing one base section (see fitting tips below).
- Also suitable for some natural flooring – depends on the thickness.
- The two floors should be level with each other for the Double Z4 to lie flat. However, if yours are slightly different, stack the free, 3mm thick MDF strips (included) underneath.
- If one of your carpets needs to be raised up to the level of the pins, buy the Easyshims to create a ramp.
- Once fitted, the Premier Double Z4 can be ‘napped down’ with a carpeted wood block, which will give the carpet an extra firm grip on the pins and can reduce the height.
- Made with a solid brass bar, with rounded edges, in a choice of 10 smart, metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- For all standard thicknesses of carpet, please use the Double Z9 door threshold.
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Stick, using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
- To convert to the Premier Double Z4 to the Premier Z4 for joining carpet to wood or other hard floorcovering – please remove one base strip as shown here.
- Note: any underlay stops short of the door threshold.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 3 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Cleaning Door Thresholds
Please refer to our How To Guide for specific instructions on cleaning these thresholds.