The versatile Premier Cover carpet trims join most floorcoverings
A contemporary look – choose from 10 metal finishes
- The Premier Cover, otherwise known as Premier Trim Cover, is a versatile and secure doorplate for joining most types of floor coverings, including laminate, wood, LVT, carpet, stone, ceramic tiles and any combination.
- The plate sits over the top of the two raw edges and is screwed in place.
- The screw holes are pre-drilled 150mm (6”) apart.
- Can be used even when the two floors are not level with each other (see width options).
- If a carpet still needs to be raised up to the adjoining floor, then consider the Easyshims to create an invisible ramp of up to 15mm. Alternatively, take a look at one of the Ramp thresholds.
- Supplied with screws in a matching finish.
- Made of a solid brass bar in a choice of 10 smart, metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1800mm and 2700mm long.
- 38mm or 55mm are suitable for all types of flooring. If fitting carpets, then these cover plates are ideal as they are designed to cover your gripper pins.
- Also available 30mm wide, which should only be used with vinyl, stick-down carpet and LVT, as insufficiently wide to cover any gripper teeth.
- 30mm option caters for up to a 4mm height difference/edge or lip between the two floors, the 38mm caters for up to 6mm and the 55mm width caters for up to 8mm.
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw to fit your installation.
- Screw in, carefully avoiding any underfloor heating.
- Use gripper if fitting with loose carpets and either 38mm or 55mm options.
- Use the 30mm option for LVT, vinyl and thin stick-down flooring with no gripper.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 3 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Cleaning Door Thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds