The smart way to bridge a step between a carpet and a hard floorcovering
Secure, easy to fit and self-adhesive
- The Premier Compression Ramp is ideal for bridging a step where a carpet joins a hard, non porous floor which is at a different level. For example: if a tiled bathroom floor is higher than your landing carpet or vice versa e.g. higher carpet down to a wood block floor.
- Use in conjunction with Easyshims to cater for a height difference of up to 30mm (exact amount of lift depends on the thickness of your carpet).
- Suitable for joining carpet to a non-porous floor e.g. ceramic tiles, wood, laminate & some sealed stone.
- Self-adhesive strip on underside of top and bottom section strongly sticks the Compression Ramp to the hard floor (whether lower or higher than the carpet).
- There are no screws and therefore an ideal door threshold where underfloor heating could be an issue.
- Suitable for floating and non-floating hard floorcoverings i.e. those that expand and contract and those which are stuck down and static.
- Made in a choice of 10 smart metal finishes.
- Available lengths: 900mm, 1800mm and 2700mm.
- Do watch the video to understand how the Compression Ramps work and how to use in combination with Easyshims for bigger height differences between floor levels.
- 5mm option: Top 14mm, Slope 16mm & Total Width when fitted 31mm
- 8mm option: Top 14mm, Slope 21mm & Total Width when fitted 35mm (currently not available)
Premier Compression Ramp fitting tips
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Make sure the floorcovering is clean and dry before sticking down the Door Ramp.
- Only stick down the side that touches the hard flooring – do not remove the protective strip on the underside of the section sitting over the carpet.
- For information about how much your floor may expand, please refer to the manufacturer of the flooring.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 3 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Cleaning door thresholds
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds