Contemporary styled Piston stair rods in a choice of 10 finishes
Transform your staircase with fashionable stair rods
- High quality hollow carpet rods, offered in ten metal finishes: polished, antique or satin brass, antique bronze, polished chrome, brushed chrome, satin and polished nickel, pewter and black.
- Cylinder styled finials either end.
- Cylindrical rod: 12mm (1/2”) diameter.
- Suitable for runner carpets or fitted carpets (Front Fix) – simply choose the correct option.
- Choice of reeded, spiral or plain rod style.
- Made-to-measure to fit your stairs and width of stair runner.
- Supplied with a pair of matching-finished stair rod brackets with screws, suitable for installation with carpets or natural flooring fitted with underlay. The standard 12mm (1/2”) brackets supplied have a 14mm clearance to allow for the underlay and carpet.
- Protective finish – easy to wipe clean.
- It is important to note that, like other stair runner rods, the Vision stair rods are purely decorative and do not fix the carpet to the stairs; a stair runner must be secured by another means of installation such as gripper.
Fitting the Piston to your stairs
- The stair rod brackets are supplied with No. 6 screws: drill a pilot hole before fixing the brackets to the staircase, then drill a 4mm clearance hole for the screw shank. It is suggested for softwood: drill a 2.5mm pilot hole and hardwood a 3mm pilot hole. To avoid damaging the screws it is suggested you use a low drill speed.
- Runner rods brackets: separate, by sliding the top from the bottom of the bracket to reveal the screw holes. Fit the bottom section first, and then place the rod in before sliding the top bracket section into place and securing with the supplied domed-head screw.
Ordering the correct length – tip to tip
- For runner stair carpets: simply add around 100mm (around 4”) to the width of your runner to give you the tip-to-tip measurement of stair rod to order. For example: if your runner is 690mm (around 27”) wide then you would order 790mm (around 31”) length rods.
- Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials. The standard 12mm (1/2”) bracket supplied has a 14mm clearance to allow for the underlay and carpet.
- Fitting a stairrod to the bottom step (hall or landing level) is a popular option, as it helps to create a visually balanced look.
- All our carpet stair rods are protected with a clear lacquer, which prevents the rod finish tarnishing. Simply wipe clean occasionally with a damp cloth and do not polish. If you use any household cleaners to clean surrounding wood and paintwork, this should be applied to the cloth and not directly sprayed on the surface of the staircase, as the cleaner can react with the finish of the rods.