Recessed matwell frames for coir and ribbed matting
The professional’s choice of recessed matwell frame in a choice of ten attractive metal finishes
- Made in solid brass for a quality look and robust performance.
- Suitable for use with 17mm coir and 12mm ribbed matting.
- Suitable for applying in the home to a non floating flooring such as ceramic tiles, LVT, many woods and laminates (check with the manufacturer), flat and primed stone.
- Self-adhesive strip on underside strongly sticks the Matwell Edging to the non floating floor.
- No screws and therefore ideal where underfloor heating could be an issue.
- Made in a choice of 10 smart metal finishes.
- Available 900mm, 1800mm and 2700mm lengths to make any shape or size of frame
- 5mm Height
- 8mm Height
Fitting tips for the Matwells
- Advisable to ask a professional flooring installer to fit.
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Make sure the floorcovering is clean and dry before sticking down.
- Use internally, not externally.
- Take the finished height of your fitted (non floating) hard flooring and choose the correct height of trim which will allow the top of the matting to stand 3-4mm proud of the metal matt well edging. For example: if you have a concrete floor covered in 6mm plywood and 3mm LVT butting up against 17mm thick coir matting, then choose the 5mm matwell: 6+3+5 = 14 leaving 3mm of matting above the edge of the metal trim.
- Use Stycco Flex on inside edge of corner mitres, if required. This is then concealed by the matting.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 3 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Cleaning Matwell Trims
Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds