Homepride stair rod bars – the ever-popular, cheap rods
Get the look and transform your staircase
- Standard 12mm aluminium, hollow stair rods with coated finials.
- Available in a choice of 8 metal finishes: brass, antique brass, satin nickel, bronze, chrome, pewter, black and ivory.
- Choose the relevant style of bracket at the time of ordering your Homepride carpet rods: for a runner choose the RUNNER options and for a fitted carpet choose FRONT FIX or SIDE FIX options. Side Fix has no finials and attaches to the stringboard. Front Fix attach through the carpet.
- The brackets come pre-attached to the stylised acorn finials (decorative ends). Simply cut the rods to fit your staircase.
- A pair of matching brackets is supplied with each rod, supplied with matching screws. Pairs of brackets also available separately.
- It is important to note that these rods are purely decorative and do not fix the carpet to the stairs; your carpet must be secured by another means of installation, such as gripper.
What length to order
- The Homepride stairrods are available in four standard lengths, which can easily be cut to size with a sharp hack-saw, at the time of fitting.
- Option 1 fits a runner up to 700mm (27.5”) in width
- Option 2 fits a runner up to 890mm (35”) in width
- Option 3 fits a runner up to 1200mm (47.25”) in width
- Option 4 fits a runner up to 1500mm (59”) in width
Fitting your Homepride stair rod bars
- Drill a pilot hole before fixing the brackets to the staircase. To avoid damaging the screws, use a low drill speed.
- Fit the first bracket before cutting the rod to size and then fit the second bracket.
- The Runner brackets have a clearance of 14mm.
- The Homepride stair rods have an invisible lacquer to protect them and keep them looking pristine.
- Simply wipe clean occasionally with a damp cloth and do not polish.
- If you use any household cleaners to clean surrounding wood and paintwork, this should be applied to the cloth and not directly sprayed on the surface of the staircase, as the cleaner can react with the rods. If any liquids are spilt on the stair rods they should be immediately wiped with a damp cloth and the dried with a clean, dry cloth.
- Fitting Homepride stair rods to your bottom step (hall or landing level) is a popular option.