The Feline 1 door thresholds transition carpet to a hard floorcovering – the ultimate in quality
Not available on the high street – shop here to create the look
- The Feline 1 door thresholds are the ultra smart and secure way to join a carpet to a hard floor, such as ceramic tiles, laminate or wood floorcoverings.
- Made from 100% brass in a deluxe, pristine finish and available in 4 elegant metal finishes.
- This Z bar design hides the raw edges of the hard flooring and holds the carpet secure and under tension across the join.
- The two floors should be level with each as the Feline 1 Brass Door Threshold must be fitted flat – please see diagram below to understand how they work.
- The carpet is gripped under tension by the hooked teeth, whilst on the hard floorocvering side the tiles/wood/laminate etc sit under the visible, top bar.
- The Feline 1 is suitable for carpet up to around 11 mm thick, which compresses slightly onto the teeth and under the bar.
- Available 900mm (around 35″) and 2715mm (around 106″)
Fitting tips for the Feline 1 door threshold
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Stick, using a propriety adhesive, nail or screw (avoiding any underfloor heating).
- Note: the underlay stops short of the Feline 1 door threshold
- For further advice, please see our How to Guide: Fitting Door Thresholds & Floor Trims.
Co-ordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of 4 brands of door thresholds and floor trims: Premier, Feline, Ali and AL. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting the relevant range name from the list of options shown under “TYPE” (left of web page).
Cleaning door thresholds
This product is made of solid brass and hand-finished and therefore the finish may vary slightly from batch to batch. To achieve an authentic look and withstand daily use, they are unlacquered and therefore may age naturally over time, depending on their environment. Please see our How to Guide: Cleaning Door Thresholds